Monday, June 8, 2009

SharePoint as a PM and BA Tool

There are couple of things I like about SharePoint:
1. It can really reduce the Total Cost of Ownership and make software delivery process much more lean by configuring a solution in "no time" for a user and work with the user community, which I find being more visual and analytical to finalize requirements
2. I came up with this term that helps me explaining the benefits of this platform to users: VETO which stands for Visual, Empowering, Transparent and Obvious. I use this for my PMIS (Project Management Information Systems) sites building up the main site page to show 80%-90% of the information Team Members are looking for when working on a project.
I will use my next blogs to give more examples and talk about the way you can make your Project be more successful simply by tuning up the message to users and make key Project Artifacts transparent and "named" identifying ownership
Stay tuned

1 comment:

  1. Being a very visual person myself i'd really like to see a couple of screenshots on how the visual representation of your projects look like.

    ReplyDelete